Beginning in June, you’ll order a 2023 Tesla Mannequin S Plaid with its new Observe Bundle, permitting it to hit Tesla’s promised high velocity of 200 mph. What you are taking a look at right here is the present carbon ceramic brake package packaged along with a brand new set of wheels and tires, this time from Goodyear, within the type of the Eagle F1 Supercar 3R. Aside from the wheels and tires, there’s nothing else right here to differentiate the Observe Bundle from a daily Plaid with the larger brakes — a minimum of on paper.
Tesla’s retailer web page notes that the carbon brakes and “correct wheels and tires” are required for the Mannequin S Plaid to hit 200 mph, however would not go as far as to say that the Goodyear tires from the Observe Bundle are the one ones that may match the invoice. In different phrases, if you could find a tire that’s rated for the double-century and may deal with the Mannequin S Plaid’s sturdy load score necessities, you are theoretically golden. Alternatively, you possibly can hand $20K over to Tesla in alternate for a turnkey resolution. Tesla says the package deal could be as cheap as $15,000, however we suspect that is with out the cool wheels; its exterior web page would not specify. Additionally it is price noting that Tesla says it’s going to proceed to supply the carbon ceramics as a standalone package.
Here is how Tesla breaks (brakes?) it down:
Carbon Ceramic Brake Package:
- 2x 410 x 40mm carbon-silicon carbide entrance rotors
- 2x 410 x 32mm carbon-silicon carbide rear rotors
- 2x 6-piston one-piece, cast entrance calipers with high-performance brake pads
- 2x 4-piston one-piece, cast rear calipers with high-performance brake pads
- 2x built-in, caliper-mounted parking brakes
- Observe-ready brake fluid
- Up to date FW tuned for peak efficiency
- 2x 20X10J, Zero-G wheels with 285/35R20 Goodyear Supercar 3R tires (entrance)
- 2x 20X11J, Zero-G wheels with 305/30R20 Goodyear Supercar 3R tires (rear)
- TPMS, Zero-G heart caps, tire nut valves and lug nut covers
The package deal can be out there beginning in June and could be retrofitted to any Mannequin S Plaid from 2021 and up.